Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Scopus Author ID?
Scopus Author ID is a unique 11-digit identifier automatically assigned by Elsevier in its ScienceDirect and Scopus products.
Pros of using the Scopus Author ID include:
- A freely-available Author Lookup tool to obtain up-to-date citation metrics to works in publications indexed by Scopus
- Can export data to ORCiD
- Organized citations in one of the largest, most-comprehensive databases
- Every author on a citation indexed in Scopus is automatically assigned an author ID
- Can associate with ORCiD to manage and merge citations
- Quickly creating h-index and other citation charts
- Seeing who has cited your work
- Easily generating a publications list
Some limitations include:
- Scopus does not thoroughly index nursing journals
- Only citations within Scopus are counted
- The author ID is system-generated, so users must request that items be merged or corrected
- Lack of user profile
- Cannot attach publications that are not indexed in Scopus
Manage Your Scopus Author ID