Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
International Research & Statistics
International Health Focus
Campbell Collaboration promotes positive social change through the production and use of systematic review and other synthesis for evidence based policy and practice.
International Initiative for Impact Evaluation promotes evidence-informed equitable, inclusive and sustainable development. 3ie supports the generation and effective use of high-quality evidence to inform decision-making and improve the lives of people living in poverty in low- and middle-income countries.
Clinical Guideline Information
Briscoe Library has a LibGuide with links to helpful information on Finding and Accessing Clinical Guidelines.
- National Guidelines.gov is no longer funded but can be used as a historical source of information
- TRIP database has responded to the close of National Guidelines.gov by increasing their indexing of international guidelines
AHRQ and PubMed Health
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) reports
- provide comprehensive, science-based information on common, costly medical conditions
- new health care technologies and strategies
- Find an update on AHRQ funding here: https://www.ecri.org/press/Pages/ECRI_Guideline_Website.aspx
- provides access to clinical systematic reviews from 2000 to current year.
National Research Standards & Resources
Drug and Device Regulary Information
- collaboration between Open Knowledge International and Dr Ben Goldacre from the University of Oxford DataLab.
- aims to locate, match, and share all publicly accessible data and documents, on all trials conducted, on all medicines and other treatments, globally.
US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- safety, effectiveness, quality, and security of human and veterinary drugs, vaccines and other biological products, and medical devices
- Site includes Approvals, Recalls, Alerts and Clearances
Important UTHSCSA Institutional Research Links
Citation Style Guides used in research
- EndNote offers many features. Must be purchased. It is available from the University Computer Store, TechZone.
- Mendeley is a free application and does not require Internet access. It can query PubMed for more accurate citation information and matching PDFs, yet with mixed success.
- Zotero is open-source and free, yet requires an additional plug-in to manage PDFs. Internet access not required.
*Briscoe Library provides classes and support for Endnote.