Mendeley is a reference manager, academic collaboration network and crowdsourced database with a unique layer of social information research. Mendeley Desktop is available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Mendeley Web functions on all major browsers. Mobile versions of Mendeley are available for Ipad, Iphone and Android devices.
1. Join the Mendeley Academic Collaboration Network
2. Import Your Reference Libraries from other Reference Managers such as Zotero and Endnote
3. Join one of thousands of Public Groups or start your own Public Group.
4. Create a Private Group and collaborate with colleagues by reading and annotating together.
5. Discover Readership Statistics about the paper you are reading.
6. Showcase your publication history.
Add your personal publications to your Mendeley profile using Mendeley Desktop, or by visiting your profile page.
7. Choose from one of 8000+ citation styles or create your own!
Use the CSL Editor to explore and modify existing styles. Automatically download journal styles from Elsevier's Author Guides.
8. Drag and drop PDFs automatically extract metadata about research papers.
Add new entries to your library in just a few seconds. Verify the extracted metadata manually, or automatically using a document identifier lookup.
9. Enable the File Organizer to bring order to your stored file.
Mendeley saves your references in the cloud, but you can also opt to download local copies and automatically rename the PDFs using a naming scheme you specify.
10. Mendeley Desktop is available on Mac, Windows and Linux. Mendeley Web functions on all major browsers.
For more details, visit our dedicated resource center.
You will need an account to use Mendeley. You can use any email address to register
Use the Mendeley Desktop to build and organize your collection of references and documents, which you can sync with the web and mobile versions. Drag and drop PDF files into the Desktop to instantly create references. Annotate PDFs with highlights and sticky notes as you read them.
Adding the Web Importer to your favorite web browser makes it easy to import references and documents from academic databases. (Note: Chrome users can install the bookmarklet, not the browser extension for greater functionality).
The plugin allows you to insert citations and bibliographies into your Microsoft Word (including Word 2016). Look for the Install link in the Tools menu of Mendeley Desktop.