Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Subjects: Allied Health
, Citation Management
, Clinical Care/Decision
, Evidence Based Practice
, Library Resources
, Occupational Therapy
, Physical Therapy
, Research & Support
, Respiratory Care
OT Specific Databases
Contains abstracts of systematic reviews, randomised controlled trials and other resources relevant to occupational therapy interventions. Most trials have been critically appraised for validity.
Contains references to scholarly journals in the areas of biomedicine and health. At the heart of this search system is the MEDLINE database, a premier collection of citations maintained by the National Library of Medicine (NLM). Offers access to over 5,400 biomedical journal citations from the U.S. and 80 foreign countries. Contains over 26 million references from 1946.
- MESH (Medical Subject Headings) - a controlled, hierarchy structured searchable vocabulary.
- Filters - Search limits based on language, publication types, and age means that literature can be quickly sifted for relevant articles
For tips on searching PubMed see the PubMed: Ten Tips LibGuide.
CINAHL Plus with Full Text
Provides indexing for more than 4,500 journals from the fields of nursing and allied health, with indexing back to 1937. Offers complete coverage of English-language nursing journals and publications from the National League for Nursing and the American Nurses’ Association, covering nursing, biomedicine, librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
Scopus is a large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature. It includes scientific journals, books, and conference proceedings.
For tips on searching Scopus, see the Scopus LibGuide.
What about Google or Google Scholar?
- Imprecise searching
- Results are numerous and not necessarily displayed in a helpful order
- The sources searched by Google Scholar are not disclosed
- Currently, it is unknown how often Google Scholar is updated
- Useful for finding a specific article (search by title)