This guide includes news, e-journals, e-books, guidelines, tools and links to organizations in support of patient safety and quality improvement.
Links that provide an introduction to topics in Health Care Quality and Safety:
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ) - Patient Safety Primer
- "Each primer defines a topic, offers background information on its epidemiology and context, and highlights relevant content from both AHRQ PSNet (Patient Safety Network) and AHRQ WebM&M (Morbidity & Mortality Rounds on the Web)."
- AHRQ Patient Safety 101 Primer
- American Hospital Association (AHA) - Quality and Patient Safety
- AHA policy and advocacy news & updates; resources from AHA initiatives addressing quality and patient safety improvements
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) - Knowledge Center
- "Offers tools, change ideas, measures to guide improvement, IHI white papers, audio and video, improvement stories, and more."
- Joint Commission - National Patient Safety Goals®
- 2021 National Patient Safety Goals® (NPSGs) are available
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Healthcare-associated infections
- Information on types of and prevention of Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs); data and statistics, guidelines & recommendations, patient safety, lab resources, and more.