Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is 3D Anatomy Visualization?
These programs allow importing of MRI and CT scan data in DICOM format, and produce reconstructions and visualizations of that data for use.
- FreeSurfer - A open source software suite for processing and analyzing human brain MRI images.
- 3D Slicer - An open source software platform for medical image informatics, image processing, and 3D visualization.
- InVesalius - Open source software for reconstruction of computed tomography and MRI images.
3D Anatomy Learning Applications
Models & Virtual Bodies
- PyMOL - Open source molecular visualization system.
- PubChem - An open source chemistry database provided by the National Institutes of Health.
- Radiopaedia - An open-edit radiology resource, compiled by radiologists and other health professionals from across the globe.