Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Binding services will temporarily resume on Monday, Oct. 12 until the end of Dec. 2020. Binding services through the library will be discontinued after 2020.
Preparing Materials for Binding
The following steps need to be completed prior to bringing in your materials:
- Complete the online binding form: https://uthscsa.libwizard.com/f/bindingform
- If a department is paying for binding, please complete all the appropriate PID information on the binding form. Please opt to receive a copy of your online form via email so you have a copy for your records.
- Pay for your items online (binding is $14 per copy): https://commerce.cashnet.com/uthscsasf?cname=INTERLI
- Once on the site click on Binding Services, enter the number of bound copies you are paying for, add to basket, and proceed to checkout. *Please note that credit card payments are subject to a 2.9% fee, but e-check payment option is free.
- Print all copies you want bound. The library does not print copies from electronic version.
- In general, copies are printed on 8/12" x 11" paper and text is printing single-sided.
- IMPORTANT: Place each individual copy in an unsealed envelop and write full name only on the outside. Make sure pages are in the order you want them bound. Library staff will not rearrange or insert pages. Envelopes will not be returned.
Picking Up Bound Materials
When copies return from binding the following steps are taken:
- Copies are checked for quality, quantity, and accuracy.
- Email is sent to contact person listed on binding memo.
Bound copies can be picked up at the Library during designated hours.
Dropping Off Materials for Binding
Payment is required prior to drop-off. Theses, dissertations, and DNP projects should be dropped off in the Library Hub for binding. If possible, attach a copy of the completed online binding form to all copies in individual envelopes.
UPDATE: Beginning Monday, October 12th, 2020 contactless drop-off will be available in the Library Hub Monday-Friday from 10AM-2PM.
Hub Drop-Off Point:
*Binding is done off-site and generally takes 4-5 weeks from the time it is shipped.
The library maintains archival copies of all theses, dissertations, and DNP projects produced at the health science center. Digital copies are accessible through the Library’s Digital Archive.
Digital Archive permission forms:
- Permission forms for theses and dissertations are completed during the Proquest submission process.
- Permission forms for Doctor of Nursing Practice students are completed through the DNP Submission form.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Andrea N. Schorr, Head of Resource Management.