Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Bibliographic management systems, bib managers, reference managers, or any system that allows users to compile, sort, save, and leverage citations is extremely useful in academic work. Without an electronic system, authors would have to redo every reference from scratch every time. Bib managers allow users to:
- Build and manage a personal (and often portable) electronic library of citations, images, notes, full text, and more!
- Quickly create formatted bibliographies in just about any citation format under the sun
- Insert formatted in-text citations with ease
- Share with colleagues
- Save directly from websites
Don't reinvent the wheel. Save your work.
What is great about RefWorks:
Good to know about RefWorks:
- Major platform upgrades are still in progress
- Must create an account using uthscsa account
See the library's guide on getting started with RefWorks.
What is great about EndNote:
- Download to your computer so you can work offline
- Share your library with colleagues through EndNote web
- Automatically attaches full-text pdfs
- Stellar customer service and robust online user community
- YouTube channel for learning and troubleshooting
Good to know about EndNote:
See the library's guide on getting started with EndNote.
Mendeley brings your research to life, so you can make an impact on tomorrow
Zotero is a free, easy-to-use tool to help you
collect, organize, cite, and share research.