Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Steps for Acquiring Evidence
- Identify a clinical problem
- Create a well-defined research question (using PICO)
- Translate PICO into a search strategy
- Brainstorm and gather synonyms
- Construct the search strategy
- Select most likely resources (databases)
- Tailor search strategy to database(s)
- Save search & export citations to reference manager
Zotero is an application that collects, manages, and cites research sources. It works in any OS, connects with your browser, and is free to use.
You can attach PDFs, notes, and images to your citations, organize them into collections for different projects, and create bibliographies.
See this guide for more information: